- Fizzy Thoughts: Teaser Tuesday

Teaser Tuesday

Tuesday, April 21, 2009


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
  • Grab your current read
  • Open to a random page
  • Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
  • BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
  • Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


"I imagine he'd had a bad experience on a plane back in the war, but when I asked him about it, all he'd say was he had a friend once who wanted to fly, and when he tried, his friend, him, he fell to earth.


Old men speak in riddles, nieces, but if you listen carefully, they might have something important to tell you."



From Through Black Spruce, by Joseph Boyden



I found this book when I was wandering through the bookstore yesterday. Despite never having heard of it, or the author, I bought it, which turned out to be a very good thing. I am loving this book!



5 comment(s):

Jo said...

Hmmmm.... intriguing. I'm off to find a blurb for your book. =)

Chris said...

Happy Friggin Birthday Jill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

bkclubcare said...

Happy Birthday to YOU! Happy Birthday to YOU, Happy BIIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHday, to YOU-OOOOoooooooo, Happy Birthday to you.
And
many
MOOOoooooooooooorrre.

I'll have to go look up more on Through Black Spruce, Thanks,

bermudaonion said...

I heard it's your birthday!! Welcome to the over the hill gang! I hope you have a fantastic day!

Ladytink_534 said...

Old men do indeed sometimes lol.

(Btw, if I saw Hill House I would burn rubber too!)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top