- Fizzy Thoughts: Weekly Geeks 2009-12

Weekly Geeks 2009-12

Wednesday, April 01, 2009


This week's Weekly Geeks revisits one of Dewey's original ideas. It's an idea that I loved the first time I read it. And I love it still.

1. Write a post encouraging readers to look through your archives (if you have your reviews in a particular place on your blog, point them there), and find the books that they have also written reviews. Tell them to leave a link to their review on your review post. For example, I've written a review for Gods Behaving Badly and Jane Doe leaves a link to her review of Gods Behaving Badly in the comments section of my review.
2. Edit your reviews to include those links in the body of the review post.
3. Visit other Weekly Geeks and go through their reviews. Leave links for them.
4. Leave a note somewhere on your blog to let people know this is your new policy.
5. Write a post later this week letting us know how your project is going!

However, I know me, and the chance of this happening is slim. You see, I've tried. I asked a couple of times for people to leave links to their reviews. And they did. But then I forgot to go back and edit my posts. To quote a wise man, "d'oh!"

Fyrefly even developed this spiffy new search tool to facilitate the process. (And yes, I'm trying to impress with the big words. Either that, or I've been hanging out at work too much.) I think this is just the neatest thing, but I'm sure I'll get to the end of my review and be so excited that I've finished that I'll promptly forget to search for reviews.

So really, this week's Weekly Geeks is just an opportunity for me to confess one two of my failings as a book blogger...my laziness and my forgetfulness. :-D However, I'll definitely be appreciating all of you all's hard work!

1 comment(s):

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

That wise man is always being quoted around here. Last night when I mentioned that I had the car washed, and chose the $10 option (out of $8, 10 or 12), J said "Waiter, I'll have a bottle of your second-least expensive champagne", then proceeded to tell me *which* Simpson's episode it was from!

Ay, caramba!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top