- Fizzy Thoughts: for the life of me I can't think of a title

for the life of me I can't think of a title

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Well, well, well, what do we have here...

Here are your random numbers:

1

And here she thought the first commentator didn't have a chance.

Congratulations to Heather J. (and her Kiddo), who I'm sure will have a blast checking out all of the good stuff inside The Selected Works of T.S. Spivet. Tell Kiddo we will all be expecting a full report (single spaced, 1 inch margins, Arial 11 font...oh wait, that's the report I'm currently writing for the state)...just tell Kiddo to enjoy!


As for the rest of you, I have consolation prizes. Specifically, more books. Remember this one? Well, I seem to have two copies, and Powells won't buy either one! But if you are interested in one of the copies, you'll have to work for it this time:

1. Tell me if you prefer hardcover or paperback or if you really don't care (because yes, I have one of each)
2. Tell me about a book by an Irish author that you particualrly enjoyed

Once again, this is open until I feel like it's not. :-D At which time I will draw a couple of winners and then offer up more books. (Yup, the book closet is a little full and it's time to offload some books on y'all. But don't bother clicking on book closet tab to see what's in there...it's horribly out of date.)

9 comment(s):

Wrighty said...

Congrats to Heather and kiddo! #1 was very lucky! This sounds like a beautiful book. Enjoy!

Ali said...

Yay, Heather won!

I read this wonderful and somewhat obscure book of essays about Northern Ireland by Chris Arthur--look, here's my lonely review on LT. Mr. Arthur emailed me recently to let me know he has two new books of essays coming out this year.

As for hard or softcover, I have no preference.

bkclubcare said...

Congrats to Heather!

I have no preference as to hardcover or not unless I'm traveling which I am doing next week but I have plenty of paperbacks to pack.

I read Lilac Bus by Maeve Binchy as part of a book club idea for us to read any book by her. I chose this because I love lilacs.

bermudaonion said...

I'm glad to see #1 won! Congratulations Heather!

Anne said...

Hi Jill, just stopping by to say that if you're looking for great novels by Irish authors, try Niall Williams' As it is in Heaven. I thought it was brilliant and gorgeously written. Loved his very insightful and moving character portrayals and development. In fact...I think I'll re-read it as soon as I finish Nino Ricci's Origin of Species (of which I am far less enamoured!)

Heather J. said...

YEA! Seriously?! I NEVER thought #1 would win. I almost decided not to comment then and to come back later when there were more entries! ~LOL~

Thanks so much! Kiddo and I will be enjoying this for sure. :)

Email me and I'll send you me address (SharingMyStory yahoo com) - THANK YOU!

Jo-Jo said...

What a great contest and congrats to Heather!

I don't have a preference and the last Irish author that I read and thoroughly enjoyed was John Boyne-The Boy in the Striped Pajamas.

Anna said...

Congrats, Heather!

I've enjoyed all of Frank McCourt's books, particularly Angela's Ashes. I have no preference re: hardcover or paperback. Thanks for the giveaway!

--Anna
diaryofaneccentric at hotmail dot com
Diary of an Eccentric

chartroose said...

Hardcover, but paperback is okay too. My favorite Irish novel is Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha. It was sweet and funny and deserves a reread!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top