- Fizzy Thoughts: Free Reader

Free Reader

Friday, May 29, 2009

As the #BEAtwitty party winds down, it's time to dedicate one last song to all the partying tweeps who didn't make it to BEA.

If I tweet here tomorrow
Will you still remember me?
For I'm off to read a book now,
And maybe go on a Powells shopping spree.
But if I stayed here with you, tweeps,
Things just wouldn't be the same.
Cause it's time to read now,
And this reader you can't tweet to.
No this reader, she won't tweet.
This reader, she's done tweeting.

Good night, it's been great fun,
Though BEA would've been better.
But please accept my thank yous
Although I can't sing.
Even if I stayed here with you, tweeps,
It just wouldn't be the same.
Next year we should meet in New York
Although I will not sing for you.
Cause this blogger's going to BEA.
It'd be more fun at BEA,
If we all went to BEA.
See you at BEA.

***
Thanks Jo...this was actually a last minute addition to the line-up. And I'm sure everyone joins me in thanking you for the shortness of your choice! So, I'll be needing your address too, please!

Thanks to everyone who made a request...I'm sorry I didn't have time to get to them all. :-D

But if you'd like a chance at the mysterious door prize/parting gift/swag (because I still have a handful left), feel free to re-rewrite the last verse of this song. Leave your attempts at songwriting greatness in the comments, and I'll have Simon choose a few winners later this evening.

6 comment(s):

Ti said...

This one is my fave...and not because it's short :)

Icedream said...

I thought I'd give that second verse a try for fun. I enjoyed yours very much!
Here we go:
Bye, Bye, my tweets are done,
And you won't see me here next year.
Unless I take my cell,
and my battery doesn't drain.
Cause I'm off to BEA,
And I'm doing on a plane.
I'll be in New York City,
And my cell' be outa range.
I can't tweet when outa range.
BEA'll be outa range.
No tweets when outa range.

girasoli said...

You continue to make me laugh :) Freebird is my all time favorite song. Love your interpretation. Sorry I missed the party.

chartroose said...

I'm holding up my lighter and swaying to the twittybird tune. This was great fun!

Joanne said...

That was super-awesome! Thanks for fizzifying my favorite last call song :) And icedream's last verse is perfect!

bkclubcare said...

You are so amazingly creative. awesome. Icedream, too!

oh - and wanted you to know that Chartroose's icon for you is magical.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top