- Fizzy Thoughts: I'm so twitty

I'm so twitty

Friday, May 29, 2009

DJ Fizzy B back again with another song for my tweeps. While I prefer the earlier rendition of Margaritaville, this one goes out to all you fans of West Side Story...

Softdrink:

I feel twitty
Oh so twitty
I feel twitty and unwitty and not okay
And I pity
All the other bloggers not at BEA today

At least I’m not farming
Or darning
It’s alarming how uncharming I feel
But so twitty
That I can hardly believe I’m real
See the book blogger on her computer there?
Who can that book blogger be?
Such a sad blogger
Such a bad blogger
Such a pity party
Such a pitiful me!

I feel like running
From this evening
Feel like running
And hiding my head
For I’m home
And all my books are read

Bloggers:

Have you met Softdrink?
She didn’t go to BEA, the hag
You’ll know her the minute you see her
She’s the one without all the bags of swag

She wishes she’s the press
She wishes she’s in NY
She’s merely a dork
Think of all the books
And all the bags
And the goobledygook
And all of the swag
Getting away from her

Send for Hamburger, oh no
This is not the Softdrink we know
Festival of Books, yes
Book Expo America, no
Book Group Expo, yes
Why didn’t she go???

Softdrink:

I feel twitty
Oh so twitty
How can BEA go on without me
Or Book Zombie
Or even Rhapsody
I feel dizzy
I feel fizzy
I feel fuzzy, somebody give me more wine
It’s not so pretty
When I start to whine

See the book blogger on that computer there
(What computer, where)
Who can that book blogger be
(Which, what, where, whom)
Such a sad blogger
Such a bad blogger
Such a pity party
Such a pitiful me!

Everyone:

I feel like running
From this evening
And hiding my head
For I’m home, all alone
And all my books are read

***
This time you should be thanking Rhapsody for making the show tunes requests...and providing the opening lines! She's also responsible for inspiring this atrocity. Rhapsody, I have a door prize for you, too, so please email me with your address!

3 comment(s):

wordlily said...

This was a good one, and very long!!! You had your work cut out for you, methinks.

LisaMM said...

I think this is my favorite. And why didn't you go?? I know why I didn't go.. a little thing called money, or the lack thereof.. and a sitter, or again, the lack thereof..

Joanne said...

Haha good one! I've never seen West Side Story but I'll have to listen to this part to figure out the tune.

Bonus points for squeezing the word 'goobledygook' in there :P

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top