- Fizzy Thoughts: A night at the movies (via twitter)

A night at the movies (via twitter)

Wednesday, May 13, 2009


A few months ago bethany and I had a marvelous time watching the Twilight movie together...even though she lives in Oregon and I'm in California. Thanks to Twitter we were able to trade comments back and forth throughout the movie...and we didn't even annoy anyone with our whispering. Well, unless you were on Twitter and got bombarded with our tweets.

So I've been trying to think of another movie that would lend itself well to this type of movie watching experience and I can't really think of anything that would be quite so cheesily entertaining. Although I am limiting myself to book-to-movie adaptations and also to movies that I can rent on iTunes. Oh, and to movies that I haven't seen, because I'm not a huge fan of re-watching movies.

The best that I can come up with is Little Women...the 1949 version, because it's got Elizabeth Taylor and Janet Leigh! There's got to be some fun in there, right?

So who's in? If I set a date and time (not this week, but probably next Friday or Saturday night), is anyone interested in synchronized movie watching and commenting via Twitter?

11 comment(s):

Ti said...

I'm game. I was on Twitter during your Twilight-fest and felt utterly left out. Well, really I was lurking and enjoying all the banter but having not seen the movie I felt it wise to silence myself.

Joanne said...

Oh yeah, the Twiligh-movie-twitter was hilarious even though I came in during the end and wasn't even watching the movie :D

I'd be so into doing a Little Women watch - and no it's not too sappy for me :P Have to make sure the library has it though - my copy is the Hepburn one.

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

I am in for sure you are a great movie-twitter buddy ;)I have the newer version, but I can for sure get my hands on the 1949 one. This will be fun!

Let me know when!

Ali said...

Sounds like fun! My library doesn't seem to have that version of the movie, though, and we're not a Netflix household, so getting ahold of it might be more of a challenge....

Dar said...

Sounds like fun. My library has all the versions so it shouldn't be to hard to get one.

Care said...

ha! I'd love to but I doubt I could get it scheduled. Have fun!

Melanie said...

Sounds interesting. I'm just figuring out my way around Twitter, so this might be a fun way to learn what I'm doing :)

Eva said...

Who does Elizabeth Taylor play?! I'm trying to picture her as any of the 'little women,' and I'm failing miserably...

chartroose said...

I'll just send my thoughts via ESP. I'm pretty good at that, ya' know. So, if you start to think about ways to kill Beth BEFORE she dies of rheumatic fever (because she's just too sickeningly sweet to be allowed to live) or if you have to restrain yourself from throwing your TV out the window the next time one of the sappy sisters says "MARMEEEE," just know it's me who is making you feel this way.

Have fun!

LisaMM said...

We're busy next weekend (might be in Pismo Bch- one of two destinations we're considering!) But sounds fun and hope you'll do something like this again! I loved going on Twitter during the Academy Awards and ripping on everyones clothes and hair :-)

girasoli said...

I would love to join sometime.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top