- Fizzy Thoughts: Now taking requests

Now taking requests

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Are you going to the party? The BEAtwittyparty hosted by the lovely Rebecca at The Book Lady's Blog?

Well, since every party needs music, I figure I'll trot out my mad songwriting skillz and pen a song especially for the occasion. I know, I know...you're wondering what you did to deserve such an honor.

Except, you know me...I'm pretty much incapable of creating anything original. So this is where you come in.

Inspire me.

Give me the name of a song you'd like to see parodied butchered rewritten in honor of BEA and our BEAtwittyparty. If I choose your song, I promise you equal billing (in either the fame or the lawsuit) and a small token of my affection.

So...name your tune!

8 comment(s):

Ti said...

Okay.. What about that new Boom Boom Pow song by the Black Eyed Peas?

chartroose said...

Flashdance or Like a Virgin.

booklineandsinker said...

margaritaville? we are the champions? lol.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

My Favorite Things from Sound of Music. It seems eminently butcherable.

Rebecca @ The Book Lady's Blog said...

I have no idea...but I like where Rhapsody is going with the musical theater concept.

In true pity party form, you could parody "It Sucks To Be Me" from Broadway's AVENUE Q.

Joanne said...

\m/ FREE BIRD \m/ FREE BIRD \m/ FREE BIRD \m/

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I had an epiphany today, from the realm of show tunes: West Side Story! I feel twitty, oh so twitty..... perhaps shows some promise!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

LOL at Rhapsody's "I feel twitty" idea ... can't wait to see what you come up with this time!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top