- Fizzy Thoughts: A special song

A special song

Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Since many of our blogging buddies are leaving for NY soon, and the rest of us are crying in our beers looking forward to #BEAtwittyparty, here's a little song in honor of the occasion. And don't worry, I've got a couple more planned for Friday night's festivities!

Favorite Things

Book bloggers at BEA
Friends who say see ya
Creepy vampires with fangs
These are a few of my least favorite things

Now…friends who don’t flitter
And parties on twitter
Wasting time rewriting cheesy songs to sing
These are a few of my most favorite things

Who cares about tweet-ups
And book blogger meet-ups
I’m staying home, yes me
To join the #BEAtwittyparty

When friends go to BEA
And leave me (those creeps)
When I’m feeling sad
I simply twitter with my tweeps
And then I don’t feel so bad.


Thanks to rhapsodyinbooks for the inspiration (and yes, West Side Story is in the line-up for Friday night...although, could you have picked a longer song?!?).

And if you are going to BEA...have fun!! Really.

14 comment(s):

Nymeth said...

lol :D You are seriously brilliant.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

It's great! Will you be posting a V-log of yourself singing it for the party?!!!

chartroose said...

tweeps - very cute, although I'm having a problem rhyming "BEA" with "see ya."

Although I won't be participating, I am looking forward to your next BEA rymin' thang.

Scobberlotcher said...

Love it! Hope you have a great time.

chartroose said...

Here's part of it:

"I feel twitty,
Oh so twitty,
I feel twitty and witty and HEY!
How I pity
Any blogger who is not here today..."

Ti said...

Oh my.. no wonder you've been so quiet lately.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

LOL at the creeps/Tweeps line (only 'cause I know you don't really mean it .... right!? :) )

bermudaonion said...

That is too funny!

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha!!!! Too funny.

softdrink said...

You all realize it's only going to get worse, right?

Literary Feline said...

You are so funny! I love your song. :-)

J.S. Peyton said...

That is so fun! I can't believe you wrote that yourself. LoL. I'll be one of the ones crying in my beer, but still, I hope everyone at BEA has a good time. =)

Wrighty said...

Excellent! You should record that too. And chartroose can add to it. Such clever people!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top