- Fizzy Thoughts: This is where I turn down the offer of a night on the town

This is where I turn down the offer of a night on the town

Friday, May 08, 2009

Despite the temptation of Victor's offer (see the comments on this post), the new reader of Shanghai Girls will be Carrie K. Congratulations!! If you would be so kind as to email me your address, I'll mail you the ARC!

And whaddya know...I finally managed to post on the wrong blog. This post briefly appeared on the Weekly Geeks site...ooops! I knew it was just a matter of time before I did that! If you're a Weekly Geeks reader, you might see it in your feed reader twice. I blame it on my hair color.

5 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations Carrie!

Ti said...

A gracious "turn-down" to say the least. LOL.

Ali said...

I'm not sure which is funnier, the generous offer for a personal tour of Shanghai, or the fact that you posted this post on the Weekly Geeks site!

congrats on the win, Carrie!

Carrie K said...

Thank you ever so much!! I cant wait...

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Glad to see you won't be bribed (or whatever that offers equates to!)

Congrats to Carrie (she says with a hint of jealousy!)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top