- Fizzy Thoughts: Fragile Eternity

Fragile Eternity

Sunday, June 28, 2009

fragile eternity

Fragile Eternity
Melissa Marr
May 2009


389 pages

This is the third book in Melissa Marr’s faerie series, following Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange.  While the books don’t exactly knock my socks off, they are compelling enough to make me keep reading.  Fragile Eternity actually picks up from Wicked LovelyInk Exchange can pretty much be considered a detour.  A very dark detour.  (Side note:  I read that there are 5 books in the series.  Books 2 and 4 are stand-alones, so book 5 will pick up where Fragile Eternity leaves off.)

Fragile Eternity is primarily Seth’s story.  Remember Seth?  He’s Aislinn’s boyfriend, although things have been a little rocky since she’s become a faery queen.  Not to mention immortal.  Feeling a bit put out (the whole immortality thing, plus the weird Aislinn/Keenan (he’s a faery king) vibe), Seth ends up hanging out with yet another faery queen.  And if you haven’t read Wicked Lovely, you’ll be horribly confused.  Even more confused than this short synopsis has probably left you.

Let’s move on to a question.  Eva wants to know:

Does Fragile Eternity live up to Wicked Lovely and Ink Exchange?

Since I’m not a rabid fan, I can only say it’s on par with, if that makes sense.  The books have the same dark tone, the same sexy, slightly bad faeries, and will likely leave you with the feeling of “I want more.”  Amy, however, argues that the books get better and better…so check out her review to see what a rabid fan (sorry, Amy, but I just had to) has to say.

As for me, I’ll keep reading, but I have the sneaking suspicion the series will end and I’ll be left with that “it’s missing a little something” feeling.

9 comment(s):

Melissa said...

I was thinking about that as I read Ink Exchange: they're compelling and interesting, but there's something... missing... that would make it a really great book.

Eva said...

I'd consider myself a mildly rabid fan. I mean, I didn't go buy Fragile Eternity when it came out, so I can't be a card carrying groupie, but I did love the first two, and I want to own them eventually. Blame it on my shallow youth!

Beth F said...

Thanks for this -- I was holding off on Fragile Eternity until I got to Ink Exchange. Now I know I can head straight to FE and wait to buy IE. I loved Wicked Lovely, but that might have been because the audio was so awesome.

bermudaonion said...

I've got Fragile Eternity but haven't read the other two you mentioned. Now I'm wondering if I should get them first.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Sounds like at least some of the books in the series are good!

Amy said...

Lol frothing at the mouth!!!!

But Candance I sort of encourage reading them in order. It's not required but I think beneficial.

heidenkind said...

These books are really popular, but I'm still not sure they'd be something I'd like. Of course, I felt the same way about Twilight....

Veens said...

I haven't read anything in this series really!

shananaginsbooks said...

I just read Wicked Lovely, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to continue on in the series, so I'm glad to hear you liked the third one. =)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top