- Fizzy Thoughts: Game On!

Game On!

Monday, June 29, 2009


Starting today, I'm participating in the Game On Challenge. Along with my fellow Ding-Dongs, and our opposition, the Twinkies and the Ho-Hos (and yes, those are really our team names), I will be spending the next four weeks trying to eat healthier, exercise more, drink an ocean of water (okay, only 3 liters a day...but that's kind of close to an ocean), get 7 plus hours of sleep, give up a bad habit (mine would be all things Starbucks) and start a healthy habit (I'll be trying to remember to wear sunscreen every day). I just gave you the Reader's Digest version...we are actually following a book, The Game On Diet, by Krista Vernoff and Az Ferguson, which will be released tomorrow.

What makes this a true challenge is that we earn points for each of the above activities. We also lose points for certain things (snacking, drinking diet soda). At the end of four weeks, the team with the most points wins. Obviously, there's more at stake here than health. It's about winning, and crushing those Twinkies into the ground!

Okay, kidding on that last part. Although if anyone would like to send a pizza to the chief Twinkie (Dawn), I certainly won't stop you. After all, it's her fault I'm doing this.

For the next four weeks, expect to see lots of chatter on twitter between teams and teammates (we also get points for communication). If you want to follow us, we're using #gameondiet. There might also be a few comments made under #twinkiefail and #dingdongsrule, just to liven things up a bit. :-D I will also write an actual review of the book, at some point, so stay tuned for that.

Here are the contestants:

Team Twinkie
Denise of M. Denise C.

Team Ding Dong
Julie of Booking Mama
and me

Team Ho-Hos
Kathy also has other team mates, but they aren't bloggers, so I have no links. Oh, except for a last minute addition...Vasilly!

So. We're off. To inspire my fellow Ding-Dongs (and make all those other snack cakes jealous that they don't have a kick-ass song), here's our official theme song (please channel Eddie Veder as you sing this one)... Smells Like Team Spirit


Load up on veggies
Bring your friends
We’re going to win
I portend
Healthy habits
Ding-Dongs assured
Sugar soda
Dirty words

Game on (x 16)

With my teammates its less dangerous
Here we are now
Don’t feed us
I feel healthy and courageous
Here we are now
The Ding-Dongs
A rhapsody
A softdrink
A mama
My friend Amy
Ti

This is not what I do best
But Ding-Dongs won’t make me depressed
Our little group has always been
And always will until the end

Game on (x 16)

With my teammates its less dangerous
Here we are now
Don’t feed us
I feel healthy and courageous
Here we are now
The Twinkies
A rhapsody
A softdrink
A mama
My friend Amy
Ti

Don’t let us forget
Just what it takes
To stay on track and kick Twinkie butt
If it’s too hard
If we unwind
Don’t let us say, oh nevermind

Game on (x 16)

With my teammates its less dangerous
Here we are now
Don’t feed us
I feel healthy and courageous
Here we are now
The Ding-Dongs
A rhapsody
A softdrink
A mama
My friend Amy
Ti

17 comment(s):

Julie P. said...

OMG!!!! I LOVE THIS!!!! If your song doesn't inspire the Ding Dongs then nothing will!!!

Good luck!

Kristina said...

I love your song! I wish I could join! I can't wait to get my hands on this book..........GO TEAM!!!!

Jenners said...

A Twinkie here ... feeling a bit jealous that we don't have an official theme song that I know about!!! And wait ... is that a Ho Ho in my bushes spying on me? I'm going around to get my communication points for the day. But gotta run ... that 20 oz. of water I drank so far is needing to come out! Best of luck ... but not too much luck because the Twinkies will be victorious!!!!

bermudaonion said...

What a creative song! Good luck!

Carrie said...

Best of success and FUN to all.

Ti said...

You rock!

This is going to be a cinch ;)

Dar said...

Good luck Jill!

jessi said...

Good luck! :)

Vasilly said...

ha ha ha! I love this post. I'm on Team Ho-Ho. Debating whether or not to write a post.Get ready to LOSE! ha ha ha ha!

Book Club Girl said...

That song rocks, welcome aboard, good luck and game on!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Excellent theme song, but THE GAME doesn't give you extra points for creativity ... so sad! :)

Kicking Twinkie butt? I doubt it! At the end of 4-weeks you'll be wishing you had my Twinkie butt!

All teasing aside, so far so good on Day 1! I think everyone's in a good spirit ... we'll check moods again in a few days.

And that pizza? Basil w/pine nuts and fresh mozzarella on my Day Off, please!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Great song! Go Ding Dongs!

Melanie said...

Good luck to everyone playing.

J.S. Peyton said...

Ah! Now I finally know what you guys are talking about. Lol. Good luck! Great song, by the way. =)

softdrink said...

Thanks all. And may I just add...blogger sucks! My formatting didn't look like that last night!

Sheila DeChantal said...

Fantastic! This is so great. I wish I would have been aware of it! Fun idea.... go TEAMS!!!

Veens said...

wow! Good Luck! :)
Ding Dongs :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top