- Fizzy Thoughts: Have you met Herman?

Have you met Herman?

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

I just returned from Portland, Oregon. Complete details to follow (whether you want them or not), but first I have to finish uploading the pictures. In the meantime, I'll leave you with this charming picture of Herman (actually, I think this might be Herman's littler, friendlier brother). Herman is a 10 foot white sturgeon that lives at the Bonneville Fish Hatchery.



In case you were wondering, the only reason I went to a fish hatchery is because the Bonneville Dam was closed and the hatchery wasn't. I don't typically go out of my way to visit fish while I'm on vacation.

Before you start worrying, I did visit Powell's Books 3 times. Actually 4, if you count the visit to the airport location.

12 comment(s):

Gentle Reader said...

Herman has quite a face! I'm jealous you got to visit Portland--Powell's three times--excellent!

Also, I have given you an award! Come check it out: http://tiny.cc/3OU2R

Yes, because you are awesome!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Herman looks like quite a guy! Going to aquariums or hatcheries makes me feel kind of Very Vegetarian. I mean - look at that guy - he has a personality! (okay, maybe not necessarily a pleasant personality, but still!) Great picture though!

Charley said...

Herman has tentacles coming out of what appear to be his 3 nostrils. What are those?

bethany (dreadlock girl) said...

It was so nice to meet you!! I need to upload my pictures too, that always takes me a while.

Glad you had a good rest of your trip!

girasoli said...

Herman is quite a catch! I bet he was thrilled you were taking his photo and just think how he would feel if he knew it was now on the world wide web for everyone to see!

Veens said...

that thing is a little scary for me :(
:)

You enjoyed your trip?!

bermudaonion said...

I want to know what you bought at Powell's!

Annie said...

Hi Herman, nice to meet ya!

Hope you had a great trip. I too am curious about how many pounds of books you bought at Powells. :)

SuziQoregon said...

So sorry I wasn't able to meet you this trip. Maybe next time.

Louise said...

Welcome back from Portland and your visit with fish :-) Looking forward to your trip report :-D

Beth F said...

That's some fish! Can't wait to hear about the trip.

Michelle said...

Ummmm....

I think Hermie might need a tissue

;)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top