- Fizzy Thoughts: All Hail the Queen

All Hail the Queen

Friday, July 24, 2009

The lovely Sheri at A Novel Menagerie graciously awarded me this little gem:


Which means I have to come up with 7 awe-summm things about moi. Egads.

1. I'm a little goofy. Or maybe I'm just weird. Either way, I like me like that.

2. I've corrupted my friend Rochelle. With books. It's one of my proudest accomplishments. Now if I could just get her to blog on a regular basis.

3. I seem to have accumulated so many names that Care is now calling me Jill/Softdrink/FizzyBeverage/FizzyThoughts/Whatzername. Which may not seem something to brag about, but it cracks me up. If you were named after a nursery rhyme character, you'd think nicknames were awesome, too.

4. I love to travel and learn about new places. See? I can be serious, too.

5. My use (and abuse) of parentheses. I heart ( ). They will never need to fear extinction as long as I'm around.

6. Evidently, I've got mad parody skillz. Had I known this 20 years ago, I would've considered giving Weird Al a run for his money.

7. My readers. Which means you're awe-summm, too! Instead of passing this on to 7 people (like I'm supposed to), I challenge you (yes, you) to come up with 7 awesome facts about your own self. Don't be shy...tell me about your awesomeness in the comments.

11 comment(s):

Care said...

"Oh for the sake of the Queen!" (this is one of my best friend's favorite expression.) and I (hug) you with my () for the linkylove.

chartroose said...

Yep, you're like, totally coolaphonic, grrrrrl!

ANovelMenagerie said...

I, too, love thos ()... I couldn't live without them either!

I loved the 7 facts!

Sheri

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Well obviously my characteristic that YOU would think is the most awesome is having the name Jill! (However, I always hated having a one-syllable name, so I would have probably liked Fizzy better. Or, given our need to give up diet soda, a name like Water. But then I'd start feeling like one of Michael Jackson's kids.)

Ti said...

I have a lot of nicknames too and I answer to all of them. The latest one is Takuna which was given to me by my friend's kid while at swim lessons yesterday. How he came up with it? I've no idea.

Bookfool said...

You're definitely made of awesome.

Michelle said...

I'll forego the list of seven but will say that your love of the paren slightly mirrors my love of the exclamation point. I *heart* the ! OHHHH and the question mark. I'm all about the questions.

As always I love the wit and snark you bring to your posts. I agree. You're totally Aweeesommme!!

Beth F said...

Love your list (and I can use parens too).

Chele by the Sea said...

I love it!! Yes, I have been truly corrupted. :) So I meant for this comment to post last night so I could comment AND post in the same day!!! Are you shocked? Your 2nd wish of me blogging on a regular basis just may be coming to fruition....*Chele*

Heather J. said...

You DEFINITELY have a gift for parodies - too funny is all I can say to that!

Veens said...

Yah, you totally are awesome!

I really dnt have anything to say if I had to list 7 awesome things about me.! ohh wait! i can't even figure out one :P

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top