- Fizzy Thoughts: (Don’t) Eat It

(Don’t) Eat It

Monday, July 06, 2009

GameonTile
Did you know that I attended the same college as Weird Al Yankovich?  Seriously, I did.  Cal Poly, San Luis Obispo.  You know you’re jealous.  I’ve even seen the bathroom stall where he supposedly penned his first parody.  I know, now you’re even more jealous.  So in keeping with the Cal Poly tradition, I thought it appropriate to parody one of Weird Al’s parodies to inspire all of the participants in the Game On! Challenge.  Aided by MaDawnNa (even if she is a Twinkie), I had this ready to post last Monday to kick off the challenge.  However, a certain someone’s untimely death made us hold off for a bit.  We didn’t want to be totally insensitive, even if we did write this BEFORE he died.  But now that we’re heading into the 2nd week of our Game On! Challenge, I figure it’s time for a few reminders for all of the players.

(Don’t) Eat It

Are you ready to win so you can gloat? 
Say no to Diet Coke, say no to tummy bloat
Get ready to drink enough water to make your eyes float
Play Game On!, and don’t eat it

Three teams are vying for acclaim
Believe it or not, this really is a game
If you don’t earn your points, you'll just have yourself to blame
Don’t eat it, don’t eat it

Don't tell me you can’t do it
Don’t eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Get yourself some celery and eat it
But don’t have any sugar, don’t have any F.L.A.B.B.
Make sure that doughnut isn’t what you grab
Don’t eat it, eat it, don’t eat it, eat it
Don’t eat it, eat it, don’t eat it, eat it, ooh

One of the rules is that we can’t collude
Don’t make the other teams lose by sending them junk food
And yes you can still play even if you’re a dude
Don’t eat it

Better listen to Az, better do what you're told
You don’t wanna be the team that folds
You better exercise or work on a wrestling hold
Don’t eat it 

Ding Dings are gonna win ‘cause we
Won’t eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Kick your unhealthy habit, you can beat it
Do a sun salutation, floss your teeth
The winner gets to wear a laurel wreath
But don’t eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it

Don't you make me repeat it
Have some leafy greens, have a whole bunch
It doesn't matter what you had for lunch
Just eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
But don’t eat that, don’t eat that

Go for a walk, go get fit
Don’t eat a big dinner, eat 5 small meals
If you don't like it ask your teammate how she feels
Don’t eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Get yourself an egg (white) and beat it
Add in some spinach, and it’s okay
But don’t add the sausage, it’s not okay
Don’t eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it
Don't you make me repeat it (oh no)
Have a celery stalk, have a whole bunch
It doesn't matter what you had for lunch
You can eat it, eat it, eat it, eat it

9 comment(s):

Julie P. said...

That is just perfect! OMG I'm laughing so hard! Amazing!

Florinda said...

I actually AM jealous that you share an alma mater with Weird Al :-). And I love the parody!

bermudaonion said...

You and MaDawnNa need to sing this and put it on your blogs! I love it!

M Denise C said...

Very inspiring, fizzy!! Thanks!

Beth F said...

HAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!! Too funny. Twinkies won't eat it but Ding Dongs and Ho Ho's will cave....

Jenners said...

OK ... you are a genius. This is so good!!! And I am jealous .. I love Weird Al! I really do. You're making me wish I was a Ding Dong... but Twinkies RULE!

Sheila DeChantal said...

That is fantastic! :)

rhapsodyinbooks said...

This is so fantastic! Leave it to the Ding Dongs to have such creativity! :--)

softdrink said...

Julie - just doing my part to help you burn calories!

Florinda - hah! I knew someone would be jealous! :-D

Kathy - trust me, you never want to hear me sing. Although rumor has it MaDawnNa has go-go boots...

Denise - you can pay me back by eating a donut. ;-)

Beth - how many times do I have to say it? #dingdongshaveitinthebag

Jenners - see above comment.

sheila - thanks!

Jill - it's all in the name, baby!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top