- Fizzy Thoughts: Game On! update, week 3

Game On! update, week 3

Monday, July 20, 2009

GameonTile
I’m still plugging way with the Game On! Challenge.  Me and all the other snack cakes:

The Ding-Dongs:
Julie from Booking Mama
Jill from Rhapsody in Books (who I blatantly stole this list from, by the way)
Amy from My Friend Amy
Ti from Book Chatter and Other Stuff
(I am also a Ding Dong)

The Twinkies:
Candace from Beth Fish Reads
Jenners from Find Your Next Book Here
Jenn of Jenn’s Bookshelf
Denise from M. Denise C.
Dawn from She is Too Fond of Books

The HoHos:
Kathy from The Brain Lair
Vasilly from 1330V
(other HoHos are blogless)

And here we are at the end of week 3.  This week many of us hit the doldrums, so to speak.  The scales went up, they went down, they went up, they went down.  Problem is, by the end of the week they didn’t quite go down far enough for many of us to get that coveted weigh-in bonus, including me.  Oh well, we still feel good.  Right???  And none of us have quit!

The official scores for this week aren’t in yet, so I’m not happy dancing.  Can the Ding-Dongs hold onto their (substantial) lead?  Will the Twinkies slink into first place?  Are the Ho-Hos staging a comeback?  Oh, the drama in snack cake land.

As we enter into our final week, I have to say I’m already obsessing over NEXT week.  Not because I’m planning what I want to eat, but because I’ll be at a family reunion for 7 full days and I won’t have any control over what I can eat.  Yes, I can control portions, but not content.  Communal cooking is part of the tradition, and it’s pretty frowned upon if you buy your own food.  So I think I’m just going to have to suck it up and hope that when I get home I can slip right back into the healthy eating that I’ve actually (gasp!) become quite fond of.

8 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

Good luck with your diet at the reunnion!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

7 days! Isn't that just one day away from the end anyway? The scale won't show the reunion that fast! We can still win Ding Dongs!!!!

Ti said...

Seven days for a reuinion? Good Gawd! BUT, you can still make wise choices. It's just going to be a bit harder to be in control.

You've got your iPhone and a lot of us are online all the time. Tweet or email if you need support and we'll be there with our Ding Dong bells on.

Jenners said...

That is some reunion!!! I think you'll do great ... I think you can count calories as an option if I remember correctly. Just do the best you can with portions and you should be OK. And I've never gotten the weigh in bonus yet ... but I'm still happy because I feel better. I'm also realizing that this way of living could actually become a real way of life for me! Best of luck with the reunion!

Beth F said...

Almost all of us had to deal with being in circumstances beyond our control. It's not easy.

chartroose said...

Hey, I'd like to do this since my ass is fast becoming its own zip code. Instead of being a Ho-Ho, can I be a Hobag? It just kind of fits me.

Maybe I should staple my lips together. That might be effective.

Keep up the semi-good work!!!

Kim (Sophisticated Dorkiness) said...

I'm sure you'll come back from the reunion strong. Once you've started to learn how to eat better, it's easier to stay on track -- at least from my experiences as a dieter while I was in college. Good luck!

Veens said...

Sad ! But that's fine! you did well all these days :) you can't just say no to eating there! I mean I would NEVER say no! :D :D

It is ok :)

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top