- Fizzy Thoughts: Game On! Update

Game On! Update

Monday, July 13, 2009

GameonTile
Here we are at the beginning of week 3 of our Game On! challenge and I was wondering what to blog about, since things are pretty much the same as last week.  Same good things, same bad things, except the hives that weren’t hives but an allergic reaction are gone.  Which is a Very. Good. Thing.  Oh, and I lost two more pounds. Also good.

Luckily, Jill (coolest name ever, by the way) at Rhapsody in Books awarded all of the Game On! ‘ers the Kreative Blogger Award. To accept this award, you are supposed to list seven of your favorite things and nominate seven blogs that deserve this award. Since Jill challenged herself to list 7 things that have nothing to do with food or health, I thought I would follow in her footsteps.  As we’ve all discovered in these last two weeks, food plays a huge role in our lives, whether it’s going out with friends for a meal, or going to birthday parties, or even just relaxing at night…with a bowl of ice cream.  Trying to explain to people why you suddenly aren’t up for a trip to Starbucks or a slice of birthday cake can be tough.  Even making a list of seven favorite things sans food is difficult! 

My food-less favorites:

1. Reading
2. Browsing through bookstores 
3. Travel and exploring new places
4. Hamburger (who is not a food) 
5. Mondays (since I am off work and have the house to myself)
6.  Mike Wazowski, my laptop
7. Supportive friends, both real life and via the internet, especially:

The rest of Team Ding-Dong:
Julie at Booking Mama
Jill at Rhapsody in Books
Amy at My Friend Amy
Ti at Book Chatter and Other Stuff

The Twinkies
Beth at Beth Fish Reads
Jenners at Find Your Next Book Here
Jenn at Jenn’s Bookshelf
Denise at M. Denise C.
Dawn at She is Too Fond of Books

The HoHos:
Kathy at The Brain Lair
Vasilly at 1330V
(and the rest of the blogless Ho-Hos who still send entertaining emails)

Thanks again to Jill for the inspiration for today’s post.  And good luck to everyone as we enter week 3!

8 comment(s):

Louise said...

Congrats on loosing two pounds. I have been eating so well the past 12 days where I've been away, and would simply LOVE to diet. But then again, I can begin next Monday, right? ;o)

I am back home now and trying to catch up on everything, blogs, mail, tweets and so on. Just wanted to thank you for your comments left while I was away.

Ti said...

Another two pounds? Impressive! The Ding Dongs are rockin' it!

Care said...

congrats on the success and best wishes for its continuance!

bermudaonion said...

Glad the allergic reaction is gone! It sounds like you're doing great - keep it up!

Julie P. said...

I lost 2 pounds too!!! Ding Dongs are awesome!

jessi said...

I had forgotten that you were doing game on, too! Great job - congratulations on what you've accomplished so far. :)

Beth F said...

Go Twinkies!!! Oh . . . er . . . um . . . Congrats on your success so far! I'm also dropping pounds, but I'll happy when I'm not eating 5 times a day.

Jenners said...

I love that you named your computer after the monster in Monsters Inc! (That's right, isn't it? Or am I mixed up). And congrats on the 2 pounds! Very impressive. : )

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top