- Fizzy Thoughts: The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop

The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop

Thursday, July 23, 2009

yellow lighted bookshop
The Yellow-Lighted Bookshop
Lewis Buzbee
2008
225 pages

This book is all kinds of awesome…at least, if you’re a lover of books.  However, since I read it back in March (which for my memory is the equivalent of 10 years ago), I’m a little hazy on the details.  In short, Buzbee chronicles his life with books.  There are chapters on reading as a kid, finding work in bookstores, browsing in bookstores, working as a publisher’s rep, and all sorts of other marvelous stories about books and the joy of reading.

You should read it.

And I should obviously post my reviews in a more timely manner.

14 comment(s):

Care said...

This inspires me to 'collect' books about books. or is there already such a challenge? Going on my tbr if not already there....

Park Avenue Princess said...

Hello my dear friend! Loved the post and now, I actually want to read this book! Go figure! Your mind isn't THAT foggy now is it!

xoxo Amy (Park-Avenue Princess)

Oh and DO stop by and enter my contest...Vintage typewriter jewelry and a book gift certificate! What more could you want?? HMMM? lol : ) I've missed you! And I'm finally back to stay!

Veens said...

:) SOunds good. anything but the title would grab my attention :)

Nymeth said...

Yes! Awesome book.

debnance said...

I love Books about Books. Or Bookshops. That's a genre, isn't it?

Dreamybee said...

Sometimes those are the best reviews though, aren't they? Easy to write, concise, and it gets your point across. I need to write more reviews like that!

SuziQoregon said...

I loved this little book. It just made me feel all warm and cozy like my favorite bookshops.

Cass said...

I loooove this cover. I think I just have a soft spot for piles of books.

Beth F said...

LOL!!! If I don't write my reviews within a few days, all is lost.

Joanne said...

A book about books - that's all I need to know! Going on my tbr :)

bermudaonion said...

Your review made me laugh! I've read great reviews of this book, and have it on my wish list.

avisannschild said...

I can totally relate to not reviewing books soon enough to recall all the details! This sounds like an awesome book.

Anna said...

This one does sound good. I'll keep it in mind.

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

Anonymous said...

私はアメリカ人です。 [url=http://ci2s.org/viagura.htm]バイアグラ[/url] バイアグラ

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top