- Fizzy Thoughts: BBAW meme

BBAW meme

Friday, August 07, 2009

bbaw-button2009
I don’t think I’ve mentioned BBAW lately (okay, so there was yesterday on Twitter).  But here on the blog, it’s time for a little reminder that the event of the year is fast approaching.  The BBAW site has a little meme designed to answer some questions about BBAW:

If you were a part of BBAW last year, please answer these simple questions on your blog:

1)  What was the highlight (something that happened, a post, an activity, etc.) of BBAW for you last year?

As usual, I’m going to put my own spin on things.  I was just re-reading my BBAW posts from last year, and I found this post, which is a meme about how blogging has changed your life.  Because BBAW is a celebration of book bloggers, this was a fun post to re-visit, because it reminded me of a few things I love about our community.

2)  What is one new blog you discovered during BBAW last year? 

You expect me to remember that?  I’m lucky I remember where I met Hamburger.  Honestly, I’m a little afraid of this year’s BBAW because I know it’s going to explode my Reader.

3)  What tips would you share to help others get the most out of their BBAW experience?

Don’t try to do everything or visit everyone.  It’s like the Read-a-thon…all things in moderation.  ;-)  Seriously, I know it’s tempting to check out every new blog, but if you try to do this, your head will be spinning and your Reader will never forgive you.  And then you’ll start to wonder how you’re going to find the time to visit all of your new friends and leave meaningful comments.  Trust me on this.

Registration for BBAW can be found here, so what are you waiting for?  Go.

9 comment(s):

bermudaonion said...

I know what you mean about the Reader - we just can't visit every blog out there, even though we'd like to. So, where did you and Hamburger meet?

Ti said...

I remember being completely overwhelmed during last year's BBAW. There were so many new blogs to check out and so many of them were wonderful but there's only so much time in the day to read posts.

I think I came away with ten new blogs that stayed in my reader and I adore them.

rhapsodyinbooks said...

Me too: afraid for the Reader explosion!

I read your previous post too on how blogging changed your life. Me too! Except maybe not #5, because real life book clubs don't offer the flexibility and compatibility of online blog dabbling. On the other hand, online blogs rarely offer wine and brownies, at least, that have much taste...

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

I have to get this meme done this weekend, thanks for the reminder.

And, rhapsody ... I'm always drinking wine and eating brownies when I'm online :) didn't you get the memo, it's BYOB!

Nymeth said...

My tip was pretty much the same - it's so easy to get overwhelmed! I'm determined not to let that happen this year, though.

Beth F said...

Yikes! I can barely keep up with my reader now! I'll consider myself warned.

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

Good warning thank you! I need to take this to heart as a newbie I am still bouncing all over the blogesphere just absorbing all that is going on and feel like I am years behind everyone else. Seriously... how did I now know about all this?

Michelle said...

I kinda fear for my reader (which currently has 538 unread posts staring back at me) because I know I'm going to find loads of new blogs. I kind of fall into that ....

**points**

"Oh look it's pretty", "Oooooo shiny..."

.... persuasion. It's pathetic really that I have zero restraint. But alas, I've made fabulous new friends and have learned about so many different books. How can a person really go wrong with that?

Jenners said...

I like your advice ... I'm a newbie to BBAW and the last thing I need is new blogs to read but it will still be fun to add a FEW more!

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top