- Fizzy Thoughts: Good guessing, Julie!

Good guessing, Julie!

Wednesday, August 05, 2009

When I left for vacation, I posted a picture of the pile of books I hauled to Oregon with me (it’s a good thing Honda’s have big trunks).  I also challenged people to guess which books I would read before I got back on 8/2.  I actually got home very late on 8/1, but since I didn’t finish any books on 8/2, it still works.

While in Oregon I read:
The Professor and the Housekeeper
Mudbound
The World in Half
Small Town Odds

I also came very, very close to finishing A Prayer for Owen Meany.  But I didn’t quite make it on that one.

So Julie, over at Booking Mama, who guessed Mudbound, Four Seasons in Rome, The Promised World, The Professor and the Housekeeper and The World in Half actually came closest to guessing what I read.  Care was close, too, but since she thought I’d read 8 books total (hah!) she ended up being a bit of an overachiever on this one.  ;-)

Congratulations to Julie, who gets her choice of a book from that original pile.  What’ll it be Julie?  You have your choice of:

Winterton Blues
Mudbound
Small Town Odds
The Island of Eternal Love
The Mother Tongue
Four Seasons in Rome

The Promised World
1776
A Voyage Long and Strange
The Professor and the Housekeeper
The World in Half

9 comment(s):

Lit and Life said...

Pick The Housekeeper And The Professor, Julie. It's wonderful!

Melody said...

Congrats, Julie!

Beth F said...

Go Julie!

bermudaonion said...

Congratulations, Julie!

Julie P. said...

YAY YAY YAY!!!! Woo Hoo! I am so excited because there were actually two books that I wanted to read! I'm going to go with Lit and Life's suggestion and take THE HOUSEKEEPER AND THE PROFESSOR!!!

Thanks so much!

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I'm impressed you got so much read on a vacation! I'm usually lucky to get one book in. And yay for Julie!

Jenners said...

What a fun idea for a contest! Love it! May have to steal it, in fact.

Care said...

Congrats to Julie!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

congrats to Julie!

Softdrink, I can't wait to see what you thought of THE WORLD IN HALF; hope you liked it as much as I did.

In a real sense, people who have read good literature have lived more than people who cannot or will not read. It is not true that we have only one life to live; if we can read, we can live as many more lives and as many kinds of lives as we wish. ~S.I. Hayakawa

The World is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page.
~St. Augustine

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness.
~Mark Twain

  © Newspaper by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to top